Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Happy Tuesday

Happy Tuesday and a Happy Birthday to Me!! Today I am a year older and it is My Special day because this is the day I was Born-Woot, Woot!! 

It is a lovely day today on my Birthday with the sun shining in the blue skies as a cool, Summer breeze blows in the wind!! A great day to be outdoors enjoying the fresh air and mild temps!! I woke today and managed to get a few things done around the house...and then did a little grocery shopping, tending the garden and i had to take a pair of shoes to be fixed. And, I created a graphic page to post on the social sites and the Blog!!  You can view all the graphic pages below.

One of my Facebook friends sent me a wonderful link where I can find some cool posers!! I downloaded a couple of the Posers and installed with the CAP software! They are really some lovely Posers too! Here is the link in case you would like to download and use a few posers here.

Also, I read an interesting article in USA Today Online Edition, informing that News Corporation will be breaking off into two companies. Here is a synopsis from the article: 
The Wall Street Journal, News Corp.'s flagship newspaper, reported late Monday that the company is considering separating the newspaper and book publishing businesses from the entertainment arm, which includes Fox News Channel, broadcast TV network and 20th Century Fox movie studio.:"

And, That Arizona Law is causing quite a commotion among Illegal Immigrants and with Americans, as well as, the Political world and Elected officials!! I read an interesting article printed in the Online Edition of the Washington Post Newspaper on the issue.

Late Breaking news, Nora Ephron, Journalist turned Screenwriter, has passed away at the age of 71. She wrote memorable films, such as " Sleepless in Seattle"  "Julie vs Julia" starring Meryl Streep and a host of other romantic comedies. Nora Ephron will be missed in Hollywood and by legions of fans. To read more go to the Online edition of the New York Times here.

And in closing, I would like to leave you on a positive note. I read an interesting article in the Online Edition of Catholic Review newspaper. Here is a synopsis of that article: 
 “Grow where you are planted.” When I see wild flowers blooming in inconspicuous places, I notice how they just grow where they are. They don’t seem to be looking for anyone’s approval. They don’t seem to care if anyone even sees them. They just are. They give glory to God by just being. Do roses feel guilty because they have thorns? Do dandelions care if no one likes them? Do they worry about dying in a short time? How much we can learn from flowers of the field. Just be you, the you God created you to be!"






No comments:

Post a Comment