Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A lovely Spring day

Well, I woke up early today to enjoy this beautiful day with the sun shining in the blue skies as a Spring breeze blows in the air. A great day to be outdoors!!
Also, I managed to take care of some errands for today and then came back home to grab a bite to eat. And, as I was thumbing thru my calendar book, I noticed that I have a doctor's appt scheduled for the end of the week. I almost forgot about that..Good thing I checked the calendar book!!

 I made the page to the side with a new kit titled "Funny Ducklings" and I thought it was the cutest kit and i just had to purchase it..I forgot where I purchased the kit so I can't post the web site. But it is a lovely kit with some cute elements and gorgeous papers!! I plan on using the kit to create more lovely pages in the near future!!

In news today, The Arizona Immigration law is back in the news and is heading to the Supreme Court!!! I don't know what to say about this but according to an Online article printed in the USA Today newspaper.
 " Arizona Senate Bill 1070 passed in 2010 and has become a flashpoint for the debate over how to enforce immigration in the U.S. and has served as a blueprint for five other states that adopted similar laws the following year. The law is aimed at driving illegal immigrants out of the state and includes a provision that requires police, while enforcing other laws, to question a person's immigration status if officers suspect he is in the U.S. illegally"


And, It looks as though Mad Cow Disease is making a return. It turned up on a dairy farm in California but good thing it didn't end up in the food chain. According to an USA Today article 
 " The cow died at a dairy in central California and was taken last Wednesday to a transfer station in Hanford, Calif., owned by Baker Commodities, said Baker spokesman Dennis Luckey. The cow was older than 30 months, so its tissue was tested, but the sample came back "inconclusive," Luckey said."

I have to get ready to go run more errands but first I want to leave you with some good news. I read an interesting article on the Catholic Review web site on finding happiness, love and joy!!
 " So our task is to let go again and again and again of every negative feeling in our lives as soon as we are aware of them, and allow ourselves to feel the joy and love and peace which is within us all the time. You see, you and I won something better than the lottery. We got the gift of faith. We get to see who we really are by seeing ourselves through the eyes of the Christ within us. We no longer have to wait for love and peace and joy and happiness. They come with God, and God is within us."


No comments:

Post a Comment