Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Another Scorcher of a Day

Ho, Hum It is another scorcher of a day! The sun is blazing as the humidity level rises higher and higher making the day unbearable and uncomfortable. it is a good thing I have plenty of beverages in the refrigerator! :-)

Also, I now have a Linkedin account thank to Janet Allen! I didn't think I needed a LinkedIn account but now that I was invited to sign up, I am glad that I have an account! I can just forward the Linkedin account to people whenever I am applying for a job.


Today, I read the Online Newspapers to catch on the current news. And, I updated social sites Facebook and Twitter. An interesting article in the NY Times today regarding Murdoch newspaper empire.

Also, I found out that the Creator of "Gilligan's Island" has passed away. A little snippet from the article reads: " Sherwood Schwartz, who created “Gilligan’s Island” and “The Brady Bunch,” two of the most affectionately ridiculed and enduring television sitcoms of the 1960s and ’70s, died on Tuesday in Los Angeles. He was 94." If you would like to read the full article, see this link to the NY Times Online newspaper

An article in USA Today talks about Obama's debt dispute threatens Social Security. Here is a quote from President Obama: "This is not just a matter of Social Security checks,"Obama also told CBS News. "These are veterans' checks; these are folks on disability and their checks. There are about 70 million checks that go out." To read the full article, Go to this USA Today link.

And in lighter news, President Obama awards Medal of Honor...

I have a few errands to run today..I almost hate the thought of going out in this Heat and Humidity! But I gotta do what I gotta do....Adios for now...




No comments:

Post a Comment